How to choose the best domain name?

Me and my husband have a small business and we have decided to create a website. We have been looking through some available domain names and we never seem to like anything. All the good domains are already taken. Can you give me some kind of advice how to choose the best domain name? Btw we are selling antiques.

Favorite Answer

Hello,

Choosing the perfect domain name is a tough thing to do considering the billions of websites on the web these days and the fact that pretty much all the good, short and easy to remember domain names are unavailable. One of the main things you should look for is relevance. I strongly recommend you to have your name or what you do in the name of the website. have the word "antiques" in the name.That way when people are searching for services like yours, they will have an idea where to look for you.

I know it is hard, but try to find a short and memorable domain name. Or at least as short as possilbe. That way it will be much easier to remember by your customers.

You can also put your location in the name-like..antiques-tampa or tampaantiquestore...something like that.

You can check the domain availability at this website: http://www.instantdomainsearch.com

If you need more help, try this website: http://www.surftown.se

I have 5 quick tips for you:

1) It's all about the brand.

2) Keep your domain name short and pronounceable/typeable.

3) Use keywords in the domain name if possible.

4) Extensions (.com, .net, etc.) matter.

5) Act fast!

For an in-depth guide in choosing the right domain name, see this - http://blogerr.net/choosing-the-right-domain-name/

• ?

You cannot use capital letters.Make auto-exchange-are living so what you are promoting will also be visible with the aid of search engines like google and yahoo.Do not ask such query in buplic. Anybody will purchase the domain and can ask you to purchase it from him at a higher cost.Quickly purchase it.

Get your domain for free while they last. Just go to www.wohooo.net and create an account which is free. Then register the domain name you want ending with .tk. On step four of registering put the code: freetk. Then check out and the domain name is free and free every year to re-register it. Wohooo.net is also has great prices on website hosting for only $6.50 a month and the first month is half price with the coupon code LONDON12 at check out. They offer all the features that the expensive hosting sites have and will even professionally design your site for you for free for a limited time, if you don't want to use the designing tools they offer to do it yourself. It is well worth checking out.

Source(s): www.wohooo.net

Hi Vesi, I suppose that the decision depends on how do you want to promote your site? I would recommend to include your main keyword in your domain name. I can see that my answer is outdated, but for a future domain registration consider this really helpful post:

http://www.marketingtail.com/2013/09/how-to-choose...

Make sure the domain name is:

- Short.

- Easy to spell, remember and type.

- Without numbers and hyphens.

- Related to the website subject if possible.

Use dropped domain services to find good domains such as justdropped.com

There many Domain name suggestion tools available on Internet.

Please check below link which is having best tools available which will help you to get good name for your site.

A kernel is a central component of an operating system. It acts as an interface between the user applications and the hardware. The sole aim of the kernel is to manage the communication between the software (user level applications) and the hardware (CPU, disk memory etc). The main tasks of the kernel are :

Process management

Device management

Memory management

Interrupt handling

I/O communication

File system...etc..

I find it best to use something that ppl will know exactly what ur business does. For exampl: bobandsueantiques.com. Or if u already have a name for your store try using that as your web address.

antique4u.com

antique4all.com

allaboutantique.com

antiqueLove.com

antiqueLove.net

iloveantique.com

wesellantique.com and so on....