Slothy asked in PetsDogs · 5 years ago

Dog adoption?

So I really want to adopt this dog but it's roughly 700 miles away from where I live. Is it possible that the foster parent would meet me halfway?

Favorite Answer

Ask the adopting organization (if you are getting a dog from a private party, that is called *rehoming* or *buying*). Certainly the breed rescues are often wiling to work out transportation, but only if they can also work other things like calling a breed fancier in your area to do a home check, etc, before they work to get the dog to you.

I would not drive hundreds of miles so someone can adopt my dog, no, especially since you might not even show up or be a decent family for it.

• Lizzie

Talk to the foster person and ask about transporting the dog. Sometimes, individual dog lovers will each take on part of the trip to deliver the dog to you. Or, the dog could be shipped to you (at your cost).

It is possible if you ask them, but as fosters they aren't obliged to travel anywhere to meet potential adopters.

No foster will drive hundreds of miles. Check your lock shelters and rescues

• Bob

only way to know for sure it to ask