Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Website security?

umm hello i need help

i visit a site regularly but it has some security problems if you have any sggestions id be happy to link this

Update:

the people who won the sight are getting suggestions for better security im just trying to find out what they can do

Update 2:

and noki n i got to it b/c i have friends there and no idea how to reach some of them if the forum gets hacked again

the people who won the sight are getting suggestions for better security im just trying to find out what they can do

Update 3:

didnt mean to add that last part again

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you know a snake is poisonous, why would you mess with him.

If you know the Web site has security problems, why would you go to it?

You're probably not authorized to make security changes to the site, so you'll always be putting your computer at risk when you go to it. Your computer, every computer on your network, and every computer you exchange media with (CDs, pen drives, floppies, etc.)

Don't be fooled by a false sense of security with firewalls. Free software firewalls are all crap, in my opinion, because you get what you pay for. Even if you purchase a software firewall, you still have to allow the unsecure traffic into your computer before you analyze it. Is that really secure?

Hardware firewalls can be anywhere from easy to nearly impossible to set up, but even they won't stop malicious code unless you've specifically set them up to support intrusion detection, and then only if you have the proper license.

And...after all that...

If you request data from another computer, then the firewall will be expecting something to come from that site. Unless you've taken the time to configure it with intrusion detection, the firewall probably won't see any malicious code passing through it...software or hardware.

So, the question is...why do you insist on going to a Web site that, by your own admittance, is unsecure?

• 5 years ago

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC - http://moveantivirus.com/?QpDo
  • 1 decade ago

Please require more indepth info., on what you are talking about. If you are talking about the security certificates for sites not being valid.

Go to Microsoft windows updates and click on custom and scan your PC, for the latest security certificates an install.

Minddoctor, France

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

To be secure you have to first maintain your server ..such as attack sql injection, ddos attack,symlink and butnet..

if you are hiring server from others try to identify secure..

and don't make any sql error to protect from sql injection

and use suphp to protect from symlink..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Use a firewall

• 1 decade ago

Need more information.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.