Looking for the Best business broker?

I intend on selling my business in Long Island, NY.

Would someone please refer a good business broker, hopefully aren't too expensive?

What would be the rate they usually charge anyway?

Favorite Answer

VR Business Brokers have been around for decades and can be reliable. It's a franchise or fractionalized operation on the national level though so results can be varied. Success will totally depend on the branch you deal with AND the actual broker individual you deal with. I've found the vast majority over the years to be rejects from the business world who fell into it hoping to make a buck. They're often about one step up from used car salesmen but there are exceptions.

I had success with them in he 80's and 90's. However my last experience with DR in 2007 was a joke. I brought them my own independent valuation of our business. I brought them a list of 3 buyers interested in purchasing our company. I agreed to pay them a 20% commission which is higher than normal. All I wanted was for them to act as a neutral 3rd party and broker the deal. Easy right? They never returned phone calls, emails took days for answers and they just wouldn't get involved. Instead, I closed the deal myself over a 3 week period, saved the 20% and called the branch manager to explain the commission and deal they had lost. He couldn't have cared less! Good luck to you and hope you have a better experience but at least it's a start.

Source(s): Bought and sold multiple businesses. Last one sold to a Nasdaq firm.

Whether you're buying or selling a business, having a broker on your side can make the difference between a successful outcome and a nightmare. However, not all business brokers will be suitable for your specific situation. Use the tips below to choose the right broker for your needs.

Below are several key factors to consider:

- Is the individual or firm professional? Professionalism shows in numerous ways including personal appearance, the presentation of marketing materials, website, language, mannerisms, and expertise. Use both objectivity and your gut instinct. Remember, the broker you choose will be representing your business so make sure you're fully comfortable with the person and firm you choose. See More...http://gtabusinessbroker.ca/

The best and experienced business brokers are those who did their job without any partiality to the buyers or sellers and always try to make both of them equally happy or unhappy. When there is the case of small business buying or selling, the business brokers have more responsibilities because the minor partiality in deal will make other party totally refuse from the business brokers and they will loose the trust over the business brokers.

If you want to sell your business and want to use broker services, then there are some important factors that you should keep in mind. In order to choose the best business broker you need to get as much referrals as you can. You should ask your friends and relatives. The broker you choose should be certified, experienced and knowledgeable, so you can land a great deal.