Not getting good sleep...?

I have been getting horrible sleep for the last couple months, and have tried a ton of different things to get better. Right now, every night I have to use the bathroom sometime. No big deal. But when I go back to bed, my sleeping is rather chaotic. My dreams consist of whatever is currently on my mind (if I played... show more I have been getting horrible sleep for the last couple months, and have tried a ton of different things to get better. Right now, every night I have to use the bathroom sometime. No big deal. But when I go back to bed, my sleeping is rather chaotic. My dreams consist of whatever is currently on my mind (if I played volleyball the day before, I might think about volleyball, or a project at work). In my dreams, everything seems real. I have conversations with people, accomplish tasks, etc. I then wake up and have to remember what was real and what wasn't. Makes everything confusing. And not only that, I feel very worn out mentally, and I can't do advanced thinking as well right now.
I'm not depressed or stressed out or anything like that, but I need this to stop

This is what I've tried:
-reading a book before I get to bed
-bought a memory foam mattress pad
-bought a new pillow
-made my room darker
-getting a hard work out so I am tired