How strong is a carbon fiber bike?

My uncle just gave me my first carbon fiber road bike. It's a Tommaso Aggraziato. I want to understand more fully how to take care of it and what it's limits are since any fixes with expensive things seem to run pretty high. I had just adjusted the brakes and went out to test them, and they worked so well... show more My uncle just gave me my first carbon fiber road bike. It's a Tommaso Aggraziato. I want to understand more fully how to take care of it and what it's limits are since any fixes with expensive things seem to run pretty high. I had just adjusted the brakes and went out to test them, and they worked so well that I accidentally did a little stoppie, came off the seat, and landed on the cross bar when I hit the front brake. There's no sign on the exterior of cracks or anything, but could something like that hurt the bike? Is carbon fiber a relatively tough material? To the touch it feels pretty much like plastic, but I've heard from a few people that it's pretty strong. Is that true?
8 answers 8