Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is Masturbation a Sin?

Is Masturbation a Sin?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

All sins are forgiven when you put your faith into Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:7

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace."

You cannot lose salvation once you are saved. =)

Ephesians 4:30

"And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

Jesus is God and the only way into heaven. Please pray a sincere prayer with all of your heart admitting to Jesus you are a sinner. Have full faith that His blood pays off all of your sins and accept His gift of everlasting life. I pray that God blesses you with peace. Amen.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Some people would argue the bible says yes, but in reality no real harm comes from it like other sins (wrath makes you violent, sloth makes you lazy ect ect)

Masturbation just feels good and lets people figure our what they like sexually. Plus a way to de-stress.

Consider this; even little kids and infants masturbate; just not in a sexual meaning, but rather out of curiosity and stress relief.

• 1 decade ago

No. It's been proven to be healthy.

In my view (this is controversial, bear in mind I am a Catholic) the early Catholic church took something which all humans experience (sexuality) and deliberately turned it into something people are ashamed of, so that everyone constantly feels guilty for 'sinning'.

Jesus mentions sexuality something like 5 or 6 times in the Bible, and every time it's condemning adultery (cheating on your partner). He says NOTHING else. He mentions other things like hypocrisy and lying, and injustice HUNDREDS of times, yet the church for some reason sees sexuality as the number one most important thing for people to be "watching themselves" for?

You have to admit, that doesn't quite add up.

• 5 years ago

masturbation becomes a sin when you are lusting after it I.e wen u imagine sex and you masturbate,it becomes a sin.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Most religions consider it a sin, but I say God wants you to be happy. If it makes you happy go for it, it doesn't hurt anyone.

• 1 decade ago

wtf? NO its not!! why would you think you think so? do you know what a sin is? a sin is a evil deed right? well evil the opposite of good right? but evil does not exist. neither does the cold or dark. the cold is the absents of heat. the dark is the absents of light. Evil or Bad is the Absents of good. so does Masturbation led you away from good? it not "bad" because its human nature. you are born, grown, have offsprings and die. God made us that way. why would we consider human nature "evil"?

Source(s): IMA SIKH AND I'M PROUD
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The fear of the Lord was upon all nations, so great was the glory of the Lord, which was upon his people. And the Lord blessed the land, and they were blessed upon the mountains, and upon the high places, and did flourish.

And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

And Enoch continued his preaching in righteousness unto the people of God. And it came to pass in his days, that he built a city that was called the City of Holiness, even Zion.

And it came to pass that Enoch talked with the Lord; and he said unto the Lord: Surely Zion shall dwell in safety forever. But the Lord said unto Enoch: Zion have I blessed, but the residue of the people have I cursed.

• 1 decade ago

Its a sin not to!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No it's natural and healthy. Ask any doctor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Only if you repeat it twice in a row.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.