mr pickle asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Selling my business panic attack?

Numerous times (and currently) I have met with prospective buyers for my business. When it gets right down to it, I pull back physically. I get fearful and then renige and then experience not being credible. I hate the experience. I want to be confident and powerful in choosing to sell or not. What is going on with me? I sometimes think I have some emotional problem. I am successful and a leader in my community, but blow it when it comes to taking the step..

Favorite Answer

Try to stop thinking negative thoughts about yourself.

Aim for accomplishments rather than perfection.

View mistakes as learning opportunities.

Try new things.

Recognize what you can change and what you can't.

Set goals.

Take pride in your opinions and ideas.

Exercise!

Have fun.

Self-esteem plays a role in almost everything you do. People with high self-esteem do better in school and find it easier to make friends. They tend to have better relationships with peers and adults, feel happier, find it easier to deal with mistakes, disappointments, and failures, and are more likely to stick with something until they succeed. It takes some work, but it's a skill you'll have for life.

Source(s): HCP

Weeeelll....

I don't know what you mean by renige but I do know feelings similar to yours right now. It sounds like in general, you are a fairly confident and powerful person, and it is just this certain situation that sends you reeling every time.

There are several reasons for these "panic attacks," if you want to call them that. All of us at y!a can attempt to explain them away, but it will be only you who can decide fully why you keep feeling this way, and what you can do to stop it.

some ideas include that you may, on some level, feel unprepared to sell, and some part of you wants to make excuses (including fear and credibility)) or your confidence is not as secure as you would like it, and when it comes to presenting something that is purely your own doing (your business) you are afraid to be proved some kind of failure

best suggestion: do not worry!! review what you have accomplished with this business, decide exactly how you feel about it and what you really want to do with it, and then go back to those prospective buyers.

GOOD LUCK!

As a successful person, you already know that when presented with a problem, you need to determine the root cause if you want to solve it.

Panic attack research has determined that when panic sufferers are provided with the bodily causes of their panic attacks, their fears immediately diminish. They now understand the beast and can work to defeat it.

Check out the detailed explanation of the causes on the attached source site.

Good luck !!!