rαε
rαε asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I am going to fill out and adoption paper for this puppy?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi...

Has anybody ever filled out an online adoption form? Does the shelter usually make it a first come first serve type of thing? I really want to adopt this puppy, and I would like to know..what are the chances of getting him? Thankyou.

Could somebody also tell me some basics on Chihuahua's? Their personalities, etc..

Of course I am going to read up on them, but some pointers would be great.

Favorite Answer

Awwww cute dog! Thanks for adopting!!!!

It usually is first come first serve, you could go ahead and fill out the adoption papers, and then set up a meeting with the shelter to discuss stuff. That way they already have your adoption paperwork, but that doesn't mean you Have to take the dog.

I'm sorry I only own large and giant breeds so I don't have any tips on caring for this little guy. But there are tons of website with information like that.

Good luck!

I wouldn't do it online I would got to the shelter and fill it out. And yes they usually are first come first serve. It is like if you go one day and say Oh I might be interesting in adopting this little guy right here and then he may not be there the next day. Filling out adoption papers is normal but they haven't been done over the net that I know of but I live in Idaho too. i would go to the shelter frist and see what see they have cause if they have pics that particular puppy may not be there now.

• magy

You should read up BEFORE you apply to adopt. Little dogs are usually quite popular, so I would think the shelter would pick the best of the first bunch of applicants, or the first who truly qualifies. Each group has their own qualification system, so it is impossible for us to say if it will work out for you or not, but good luck. if this one doesn't work out, keep trying!

Very cute! Its a rescue not a shelter so they will take applicants and find out who's the best suited. Don't know what that particular rescue's rules are and if you can accomodate them. Chi's are very mouthy and can be nippy if not socialized. Don't think its cute when its little cause when its older it will become annoying and end up in rescue again.

I've never adopted a dog but I know a little on Chihuahuas. They are very calm and gentle. But you have to be careful with them because they have a hole in their skull. You can play with him and run around but make sure he doesn't fall. That's all I know so I hope it helps.

Make sure that you tell them that you will only be away from home for two hours at a time for potty training purposes. No kids under 8, fenced in yard, you intend to sign him up for dog training, you intend to crate train him (I would if I were you, its much better for the dog and your home)...

They just want to hear that you are responsible and will spend time training him.

Good luck. I just adopted my girl from Petfinder. I had some backup ones in sight, but SHE was the one, and now she is home with us. I love her.

Hey,

But first i would get him a vet then ask about the adoption papers. They'll help you like they helped my family pets.

Chi's are gentle and shy. But some who are spoiled can be snappy. But as he is small you should be really careful.

But like i said ask the vet for any problems.

best wishes to you and your puppy

Very cute!

Thank you for adopting! I work with a very limited number of Chi's, so I have no pointers for you. Your best bet would be to do the research.

Oh he's soooooo cute!!!!