Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

I want to buy a very tall houseplant or tree for my Loft apartment: which one is best?

I am not keen on ficus trees

I have a 16ft ceiling and would like a big plant or tree to be approximately 14ft high

It would need to be easy to keep (no shedding of leaves) and water ie once a week and maybe the tree could be OK for 2 weeks unattended?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a houseplant that grows tall and takes up a decent amount of space. The rubber plant (Ficus elastica) It does well in just about any home and will give you years of indoor greenery with little clean up. Rubber plants have deep green and glossy foliage. There are several varities of the rubber plant ranging in leaf size and color accents-tri colors, reds, golds, pinks,cream, yellow etc. Check out your local nursery. They can easily grow 6-10 feet tall, leaves 8-12 inches long.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I like the ficus. The leaves are abundant and shiny, they are not too sensitive and hard to grow and drop no leaves. (The one I'm talking about is not a rubber plant.) However, I don't know the botanical name of the one I want to recommend. Trylooking at bachmans.com/tipsheets/indoor_plants/LargePlantsandIndoorTrees.cfm

• 1 decade ago

Try a Rubber Tree. (Sorry, don't know the official name).

We had one many years ago. When it grew too tal, we cut off the top and planted it.. Voila, another tree.

• Gramma
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

My rubber plant is 8 ft. huge leaves, lucky if I remember to water every two weeks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

maybe a Dragon Tree?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.