Why do my Mulberry silk bed sheets feel like nothing more than nylon?

I recently purchased some higher end bed sheets make from 100% Mulberry silk. When i got them, they felt like nothing more than nylon. It felt very synthetic. So i contacted the seller and they told me to wash them. So i did. They feel slightly better, but still very nylon like. I washed them all by hand with... show more I recently purchased some higher end bed sheets make from 100% Mulberry silk. When i got them, they felt like nothing more than nylon. It felt very synthetic. So i contacted the seller and they told me to wash them. So i did. They feel slightly better, but still very nylon like. I washed them all by hand with special silk cleaner and air dried, and even ironed them on the irons silk settings.

Why do my expensive silk sheets feel like nothing special? like they are nylon or something? They are supposed to feel soft and smooth, but instead they feel slippery and synthetic. I paid $330 for these to get a good night sleep. Now i stay awake because i feel like i waisted a ton of money on nothing special.
6 answers 6