African american hair care?

Can someone list the best african american hair care products for natural hair? One that was recommended to me starts with an M, but i can not remember what its called. thank you (:
Update: additionally, my hair very thick kinky curls at the top ( there's about 2.5 inches of that) and the rest is just big waves when my hair is natural; which puts my hair at about the middle of my neck. But when i straighten it, its at the top of my shoulders. I really want my curls and waves to be defined. AND... show more additionally, my hair very thick kinky curls at the top ( there's about 2.5 inches of that) and the rest is just big waves when my hair is natural; which puts my hair at about the middle of my neck. But when i straighten it, its at the top of my shoulders. I really want my curls and waves to be defined.

AND another helpful thing to mention is that i got all of my damaged hair cut off, so the perm is gone. im going all natural!