1. Methods to make it thicker. Thick HEALTHY hair comes from your good genes, but you can use hair products temporary, until you wash your hair again. Good hair care and eating all the healthy foods from Mother Nature helps in the growing process but it won't make your hair any thicker
"No hair product can change the hair's biology," says Eric Bone, senior VP of global research and innovation @ L'Oreal USA. "Products that 'repair' them are like glue used to put a broken vase back together. At the end of the day, it's still broke," says dermatologist Paul J. McAndrews, MD, a clinical professor @ the University of Southern California School of Medicine. "Overall, products are a temporary fix, although some can help prevent damage. But your best bet is really to stop damaging hair, period."
Towel dry, even blow dry it 75% dried if your hair is thick, braid your hair in several sections. In the morning, take the braids out, finger comb & you're good to go. Should last for days or until your next shampoo. If you want tighter curls, more sections for each braids. If you want looser curls, less sections, but won't last as long, depending on the weather.
If you want curls at the ends, too, instead of stick straight, curl the ends with plastic curler, support with clips on each side (4 clips total for each curler), and use rubber bands to attach to each V-sides, like perming rods. That way they will stay put when you sleep.
2. Methods to make it longer. Don't cut it.
Cutting your split ends yourself, spend 5-10 mins. on a sunny day so you can easily spot them, using a 2" scissors, cut strand by strand, section by section, allowing new growth to take over. Then 2x a year, get a good hair cut. You'll find out, that split ends comes in many lengths, and one strand may even have hundreds of little branches like a tree in them, split in various sizes & shapes.
This won't speed things up, but it will make the hair look healthier while it's growing. Even healthy hair like mine get them, due to normal brushing & styling. Hormonal changes can have a big effect on hair. Split ends are not found just from the ends of the hair, sometimes, you see them where the heat or chemicals started, in various lengths.
Healthy hair comes from: good genes, good hair care, and eating all the healthy foods from Mother Nature.
3. Methods to make it healthier. See below. Avoid heat & chemicals = hair's worst enemies.
Btw: My hairs texture is soft & silky but I have dry scalp (naturally).
CAUSES TO ELIMINATE DRY HAIR FOREVER from DRY DAMAGED HAIR:
1. Hair gets very dry from too much sun exposure, same with the skin. Use a hat or scarf to protect them and put your hair up, so they don't get sunburned & get discolored.
2. Shampooing in Hot water & chlorine in the pool causes the skin to get the 'dishpan hands look', so does the hair. So use warm water to cool. The heat can dry out and damage your hair and skin.
3. Blow drying too long. If you need to blow dry, towel dry first (use two towels if they're very long), air dry some, then blow dry for 5 mins. concentrating @ the roots.
4. Don't use products containing alcohol. Gel & mousse has alcohol, so does hair spray.
5. Perming, relaxing & dyeing all causes hair feeling like hay. Get frequent trims, allowing new growth to take over.
6. Don't shampoo often. Washing less often, builds the natural oil your hair needs, to get them smoother, shinier, silkier, softer. Man-made products are just temporary, until you wash them again, and at the same time washing off the natural oil your hair NEEDS. Hair product just absorbs on your hair if they're dry, like a sponge.
7. The pool, sea air and salt water can really do a number on hair, especially when combined with sunlight. Not only does chlorine discolor hair, it damages proteins in the hair cuticle.
8. If you’ve been swimming regularly, use a clarifying shampoo at least once a week to remove mineral buildup and pollutants. Heat is the most harmful thing for hair. The mix of heat and pollution is like poison for hair. During summers one should wash hair frequently. They can go for morning and evening wash, but to keep it safe, I would suggest that use mild shampoos or something like baby shampoo.
9. Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair" - Your hair may be the fastest-growing tissue in the body but, unlike the skin, it cannot repair itself. That is why getting the right balance of vitamins and proteins is imperative. Don't expect to look like you've stepped out of a hair commercial the day after you've changed your diet. It is likely to take at least three months before you actually see tangible results.
4.I try to tell my mother not to flat iron it every 2-3 weeks but she doesn't listen -_- how can I persuade her to let me wear it naturally?.. Show your mom my post: It is YOUR hair, if you're old enough to type, you're old enough to take care of YOUR HAIR. And the latest Example from YA!
"I've experienced crucial hair loss from straightening my hair for several years, possibly even scarred my hair follicles in certain areas. I'm wondering if it will grow back and if there's anything I can do to speed up the process."
Google: Shocking video shows the damage hair straighteners can do
It takes 20 years of bad hair days, for women to figure out what to do with their hair, and it takes 20 years of trying to fix it, using various hair products that can do more harm than good. It is part of a billion dollar business.