How can I promote adoption of dogs in shelters?

I was doing some research in class the other day about all the dogs that are mistreated and inbred and I can't explain how sad it made me to read all of this... I don't have pets, but from my experience, I would honestly prefer a mutt, just because they are much easier to take care of. Unfortunately, I... show more I was doing some research in class the other day about all the dogs that are mistreated and inbred and I can't explain how sad it made me to read all of this...
I don't have pets, but from my experience, I would honestly prefer a mutt, just because they are much easier to take care of. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to properly care for an animal financially and medically.
So my question is, how can I get people to go to shelter's and adopt dogs that sit up there with no homes or families? :/