How to Wash Stainless Steel Cookware?

OK, I bought Cooks Elite Stainless Steel Cookware (tri-ply with copper inside). Cost about $300 - $400 for the set. I bought this about 8 months ago. When I first started using it I found it very difficult to clean with a sponge. The directions were clear not to use Brillo pads or SOS, so I bought a few sponges... show more OK, I bought Cooks Elite Stainless Steel Cookware (tri-ply with copper inside). Cost about $300 - $400 for the set. I bought this about 8 months ago.

When I first started using it I found it very difficult to clean with a sponge. The directions were clear not to use Brillo pads or SOS, so I bought a few sponges with the scrubby layer on one side. OK, well it cleaned the pan, but scratched the heck out of it.

Is the inside of these pans supposed to be scratched up?

(For the record, I don't let the pan sit too long after using. I don't use high heat. I use a lot of oil.)

Everything sticks to this stuff. I barely use it anymore. I dug out the old beat up and scarred teflon pans so I can at least cook something. I still use the Stainless to boil water.

I still read that using Stainless Steel is one of the best methods to cook and people swear by it.

I don't mind stains or spots, but I'd like to just wash my pans and get the food off of them. Preferrably without a lot of extra work.
Update: I bought it at JC Penney as their "top of the line" cookware. It's actually very attractive, but the work involved is a little much. I don't want to use oven cleaner to clean the stuff or have to boil the food off. I have since read that scratches will make food stick to it even more. Now these... show more I bought it at JC Penney as their "top of the line" cookware. It's actually very attractive, but the work involved is a little much. I don't want to use oven cleaner to clean the stuff or have to boil the food off.

I have since read that scratches will make food stick to it even more. Now these aren't gouges, just fine scratches about a million or so of them.

Anyone else buy the Cooks Elite cookware from JC Penney?