For those who do dog rescue...?

I would like to get involved in rescue in the near future, possibly this spring. It is likely I will become involved in Border Collie rescue simply because it is a breed I adore. I would like to start with little things first, maybe transport, and eventually foster. So how hard is it for you to keep a dog for... show more I would like to get involved in rescue in the near future, possibly this spring. It is likely I will become involved in Border Collie rescue simply because it is a breed I adore. I would like to start with little things first, maybe transport, and eventually foster.

So how hard is it for you to keep a dog for a few months, then to have to send it on to a new home?

Does anyone keep in touch with the adoptive family and keep up with how the dog is doing?

How many times have you taken in a foster, later to end up keeping that foster, instead of rehoming?

On average, how long does a rescue stay in your foster care before finding a forever home?

Does anyone have young children? Does the rescue work to place a child friendly foster, or do they prefer foster homes not have children?

Thanx in advance for the answers.