working in a bridal store?

what hours do you have to work in a bridal store?

is it like 9am-5pm or do you have to work really late?

Favorite Answer

I work in a bridal store. Weekdays aren't busy at all, our busiest times are weekday evenings and weekends. We take appointments for bridal gown consultations, and generally if you come into our store on an evening or weekend without an appointment to look at wedding dresses, we're not going to be able to help you. I work part time, but unless I've specifically asked for a weekend off, I'm usually working on a Saturday, sometimes I'll work from 9:30 am until 8:30 pm since our store is open Saturdays 10-8. We also stay open 2 nights a week until 8, and we'll open on Sunday for appointments only. But the hours depend on the store you're working at, and what hours they're open, pretty much like any retail store. I really enjoy my job, but you don't do this because you want to make lots of money, you do this because you love working with the brides and their families.

Working In A Bridal Shop

Some bridal shops are open really late, and almost all are open weekends. It just depends on the store. I doubt many are open only 9-5 because most people are working then, so brides would be shopping in the evenings and on weekends.

• Gidget

Depends on the store...but it's a retail job and that typically involves weekends and evening hours. Most brides can't shop M-F 9am-5pm so they are open during hours when working brides can shop too.

Typically your hours will depend on it you are hired full time or part time and the Store hours established by the owner. Also keep in mind what duties you are hired for. You may need to work on weekends or after hours if your services are needed.