Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Have you ever taken your dog for a canine massage?

If so, how much did it cost and was it vet recommended for surgery recovery or strained muscles?

Favorite Answer

We do agility, and the canine massage therapist is always there to provide massages and they are always PACKED! She charges around $35-$45, and the dogs do GREAT... if they get sore from the exercise, etc., the massage really helps them feel better- they are also good at identifying problems with your dog- health issues like lumps, bumps, hot spots, etc.

• *****

No, I haven't as we don't have anyone who offers that service in my area, but I am taking a canine massage class in a couple weeks through our local community education program. One of my dogs recently had orthopedic surgery and the other has knee surgery in a couple weeks, so I figure it will be good for rehab. The class is 3 hours long and $7. If you're interested in canine massage, maybe you can see if there is something like this in your area? Then you could do it yourself, I think it would be a good way to bond with your dog.

Yes. Chance used to visit a canine masseur and canine chiropractor after his accident.