Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Have you ever taken your dog for a canine massage?

If so, how much did it cost and was it vet recommended for surgery recovery or strained muscles?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We do agility, and the canine massage therapist is always there to provide massages and they are always PACKED! She charges around $35-$45, and the dogs do GREAT... if they get sore from the exercise, etc., the massage really helps them feel better- they are also good at identifying problems with your dog- health issues like lumps, bumps, hot spots, etc.

• Login to reply the answers
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, I haven't as we don't have anyone who offers that service in my area, but I am taking a canine massage class in a couple weeks through our local community education program. One of my dogs recently had orthopedic surgery and the other has knee surgery in a couple weeks, so I figure it will be good for rehab. The class is 3 hours long and $7. If you're interested in canine massage, maybe you can see if there is something like this in your area? Then you could do it yourself, I think it would be a good way to bond with your dog.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. Chance used to visit a canine masseur and canine chiropractor after his accident.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.