Amy
Amy asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 8 years ago

I need help choosing a wedding dress. Suggestions?

I am 19 years old and I am getting married in July. I have everything sorted apart from the dress, I am getting married in Greece on a beach. I had considered buying a certain wedding dress, but I have found out I am pregnant. I need a dress that will hide any bump I will have on the day discreetly. My fiances parents are devout Catholics and so is my dad since he met his new wife when I was 13 years old. My fiance and I are not religious and we are not apart of a church anymore so we need to keep it under wraps and figure out the rest after we are married. If my mum was alive I could ask her but I have no relatives that I am close with. I am really a tomboy and not into big ball gowns but I want a nice flow to it. Can someone please show me some suggestions online or recommend some designers that could help me. Thanks

• ?
    Favorite Answer

They'll realise once the child is born after 6 months of marriage, that it was conceived before the wedding. Just tell them and deal with it all now. If they give you any grief, just tell them that their beliefs are their own, and the two of you don't hold them.

Anyway, when you go into the dress shop, you can tell the shop assistants about the pregnancy, and they'll help you choose something pretty and flattering. It won't be the first time they've helped a pregnant bride.

My dear, you are freaking out because you found out you are pregnant. You cannot be very far along, since you just found out. So, in July, you will be what, three months? four months max? Just try on some gowns that are not those mermaid style, can hardly walk gowns. And, remember, your breasts will grow a bit, so you don't want a gown where your breasts are popping out. Make sure it is not form fitting, but a looser gown below the waist. Better to try on the gown, and have a fitting a couple of weeks before the big event so you can do any final alterations. But you will be fine. A few pounds on you might help make you look a little more curvy, and take away that tom boy appearance.

Most shops have a maternity section for brides. they are a bit more expensive, but worth it. If you are only going to be a few months pregnant, just choose a regular dress in a style that will hide the small bump you will have. You won't show very much by then, if you do not over eat. remember you are NOT eating for two, no matter who tells you that you are. I gained 56 lbs my first pregnancy believing that. My second I only gained about 18 pounds and had just as healthy of a baby that weighed 8lbs 12 ozs. I was back in my regular clothes in two weeks. The first time it took me 4 months.

This site will help you:

http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Maternity_Wed...