Rescue dog and taking on a kid?

My husband and I have two kids, 2 and 3. We just bought our first house and are moving to a new state, because of my husband job. For a month now we have been committed to taking on a bulldog from a rescue place. We just found out that we may have to take in my 6yr old god son for a year. My husband job is 2hrs... show more My husband and I have two kids, 2 and 3. We just bought our first house and are moving to a new state, because of my husband job. For a month now we have been committed to taking on a bulldog from a rescue place. We just found out that we may have to take in my 6yr old god son for a year. My husband job is 2hrs away from our new house so he can only come home some weekends, when he is not on call (this will be for a couple more months and then he will be closer and home with us) Should we still adopt this dog? I already feel like he is part of our family and we have been so excited to get him! He will need some training, he is a little mouthy and he jumps all over the children ( he is over 50lbs). He has some stomach issues, because his last TWO owners were horrible to him, so he need special meds and food. We have also paid the $600 adoption fee and we are suppose to pick him up next week. Oh and we have an almost 3yr old frenchie.
Update: The question would be where the question mark is, but to help you out..Should we still go through with adopting the dog?
Update 2: We were committed to adopting him and training him, even with his issues, but now that we may have to adopt my godson for a year, while his father goes to jail, we are not sure it will be fair to the dog or us to take on all this responsibility
Update 3: I am confidant in my training skills. I have had unruly dogs before that became great family members, its the fact that I will be taking on another child too. We are already in love with this dog and want him so much we would be heart-broken not to get him.