Photoshop Social Media Icon Design Help?

I'm making a social media icon for quick e-mail (I guess it's not totally social media, but that's beside the point). The image that I currently have is this: http://s16.postimage.org/5lmil91wh/mail_reg.png

As you can see, the @ sign is very rough. How can I make this icon where the @ sign is smooth? Please note that the space taken up by the @ and the background are transparent - only the gray/black circle area is solid color.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

• Favorite Answer

Resolution. It's quite low and that's why it looks pixelated or 'rough' as you described. For web you need a resolution on 72dpi (dots per inch) To change this click image, image size.

You will also need a bigger sized image. BUT if you increase the size of your current image, it will still look pixelated, you will need to re-create the logo at a bigger size. Maybe create an image size of 500px by 500px