Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 7 years ago

What is the difference between SEO and PPC?

I’ve been trying to figure out if I should do one or the other or maybe both? I have a new website that I started for my dental practice so I any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

SEO (search engine optimization)

Is a process in which you organically rank your website for relevant keywords in search engines and can take 6-12 months before you see much of a return on investment. SEO is generally seen as a long-term investment, but can often times be the most cost-effective if you know what you're doing or if you hire a competent SEO firm. With SEO, you're building an asset since all of the content and backlinks to the website increase the overall value of the site, while PPC is simply paying for the traffic you receive. I like to think of it as buying a home vs renting an apartment. When you buy a home it requires a much larger investment, but at the end of the day your left with an asset.

PPC (pay per click)

This process definitely plays an important role in successfully marketing your website as well. If you can't wait for the traffic to start rolling in with SEO, you can always pay to be on the first page of Google and at least you know you'll get what you pay for. They're are generally 3 instances when you want to implement PPC. 1. If your needing traffic in a short time frame 2. Before you spend thousands of dollars on SEO, it's often recommended that you test keyword performance. This can be done by running a PPC campaign and then checking the Analytics. 3. You already organically rank for your desired keywords, but the traffic is so valuable that you need to capture even more of that traffic.

Source(s): (this was explained to me by this company) http://gadzoog.com/
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

PPC and SEO Are Both Different . Google Force Only On Back-links Which Make Traffic For You ...If You Make Links For High Ranking Then Google Check It As Spam. So PPC Can Be Helping Factor To Boost Traffic Then It Can Boost Ranking But It Can Not Be Only Factor...Their Are Many More Factors With It ....Include Google Analytics Tools So Google Can Check Your Offline Traffic That Is Apart From Google Organic Search ....Always Do Your Branding .....Do Not Do Black SEO . This Is Difference........... People Ask Because They Think PPC Can Help In SEO...Answer Is Yes PPC Can Help BUT In Other Way

• 7 years ago

SEO and PPC both are the process of promoting a website but the scenario of PPC is slightly different from the SEO. PPC is the promotion of a website using the paid services of the search engine to get instant traffic and potential clients because search engine places you website at the top of the results.

In SEO the promotion takes some time and it is the natural way of promotion to get higher ranking in search engine result pages.

SEO gives consistent results while PPC gives instant result which can be terminated in the case you stop working on it.

• 7 years ago

PPC, or Pay Per Click, ads are a way of buying visitors to your website by bidding on advertisement placements among the search engine results for specific keywords.

SEO, or Search engine optimization is a natural way of achieving top search engine placement by creating a keyword rich website with a strong linking structure.

PPC campaigns are quick to start, with advertisements online within thirty minutes. SEO, on the other hand, can take as long as three months to reap benefits. PPC can start driving traffic to your site before your SEO takes effect. PPC is also an effective way to get exposure for highly competitive keywords. While it might be too costly to receive top search engine positioning for these search phrases with natural SEO, you can still get the benefit of targeted traffic using PPC.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

SEO can be a long term procedure with regard to ranking in the search engines even though PPC is actually temporary process with regard to standing in Google.

• 7 years ago

With PPC, you pay Google (or another search engine) to show up and With SEO, you pay someone else to get your website ranked at the top of what are known as the organic search results..

• Lucky
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

SEO is nothing about search engine optimization, here your have to optimize the site to get the positions for your keywords (It's called organic result) here it's take the time to get the position for your targeted keywords.

PPC is Pay Per Click, here you have to pay for google to get the positions for your keywords (It's called PPC Ads) here you may get the result fast based on bidding and other factors.

• 7 years ago

SEO is a long term process for ranking in google while PPC is short term process for ranking in Google.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.