I Need web design tips?

I am looking for a software that is easy to use but can do alot, i have a friend who uses the old microsoft front page and that just seems difficult. Any ideas on good software? It also has to be mac compatible, and i would like to be able to publish sites to hostgator.com and webs.com. Thank you
Update: If this helps: I'm looking to get into web design but know zero in "coding" i didn't know if there was a program sort of like a lot of the online building programs except i wanted to be able to design offline. In short maybe a program with a drag and drop interface... I want to be able to add... show more If this helps: I'm looking to get into web design but know zero in "coding" i didn't know if there was a program sort of like a lot of the online building programs except i wanted to be able to design offline.
In short maybe a program with a drag and drop interface... I want to be able to add pictures and videos to my site. thanks for the help