Should a primate be allowed to buy a hand gun after taking a safety course?

Favorite Answer

Why limit it to primates. I am willing to give a gun to anything that can pass a firearm safety course. I of course want the full written course, with the written essay on why the the opposable thumb has made the handgun possible.

I would also require a vision test, insuring that the creature has color vision, so that they do not shoot people in bright color hunting vests.

We of course need to place limits on the sub species of primates that tend to violence. In the species Homo sapiens, we should look at the, to use the common term, races. I would support limiting access to weapons for those racial sub groups that have demonstrated high violence rates.

Tough call. On one hand the government would have a record of people who have weapons. That information could potentially be misused. But then again there are many that could benefit from at least one time in their life learning some basics. Safety is at the top of the list. How and why to secure your weapons especially if you have children. Plus you learn about legalities. That sort of thing. I am leaning toward that if you want to purchase firearms you should have to show that you went through a course at least once in your life. There are way to many people who just go buy a weapon for home protection, never fire it and just stick it in the end table by the bed.

Silly question!

Someone here said that humans are primates. I doubt that, well some of you may be but I'm not.

Zippy the Chimp

Cheetah

Ernie

People ARE primates, you know.

well i was about to say no and then i looked at the chimpanzee in your picture and i changed my mind since it looks so comfortable with a handgun so yes i'm all for it

yes

Sure.