promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should a primate be allowed to buy a hand gun after taking a safety course?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why limit it to primates. I am willing to give a gun to anything that can pass a firearm safety course. I of course want the full written course, with the written essay on why the the opposable thumb has made the handgun possible.

I would also require a vision test, insuring that the creature has color vision, so that they do not shoot people in bright color hunting vests.

We of course need to place limits on the sub species of primates that tend to violence. In the species Homo sapiens, we should look at the, to use the common term, races. I would support limiting access to weapons for those racial sub groups that have demonstrated high violence rates.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Tough call. On one hand the government would have a record of people who have weapons. That information could potentially be misused. But then again there are many that could benefit from at least one time in their life learning some basics. Safety is at the top of the list. How and why to secure your weapons especially if you have children. Plus you learn about legalities. That sort of thing. I am leaning toward that if you want to purchase firearms you should have to show that you went through a course at least once in your life. There are way to many people who just go buy a weapon for home protection, never fire it and just stick it in the end table by the bed.

• 1 decade ago

Silly question!

Someone here said that humans are primates. I doubt that, well some of you may be but I'm not.

• 1 decade ago

Zippy the Chimp

Cheetah

Ernie

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

People ARE primates, you know.

• 1 decade ago

well i was about to say no and then i looked at the chimpanzee in your picture and i changed my mind since it looks so comfortable with a handgun so yes i'm all for it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• 1 decade ago

Sure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.