promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

What is the fastest way to put weight on your dog?

And please, no PC answers! She was ill, now fully recovered, but looks like skin and bone in comparison to before. What's the best meat? Supplements?

Thanks

Update:

Thanks "Z" :)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Z
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Unsure if your dog can tolerate these, but satin balls work to put weight on a dog. Recipe: http://www.dogforum.net/dog-frequently-asked-quest...

If your dog was ill, however, a high fat diet might be catastrophic. Can you consult your vet for a healthy weight gain diet?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Sarah
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Take it one step at a time. First off, what food are you feeding her? When you take her to the vet, he will give you more detailed instructions and tell you what is wrong with her, or if she was just malnorished. What you are feeding her sounds fine, although it sounds like you are feeding her a little much. If you have a good quality food, then three cups or so should be enough to fill her up and give her all the proper nutrients. You CAN give her the eggs raw, but I like to scramble mine. You can also mix in hamburger meat (only a little though, too much hamburger can cause intestinal problems), and white cooked rice. You want to try to stay away from really rich foods like the liver, just for now. It sounds like she isn't even use to eating, let alone eating such rich foods. That can make her pretty sick. Try sticking to the dry kibble, eggs, hamburger, and white rice until you get her to the vet. After a week or so, you can start to slowely introduce the liver to her. Just freeze it until then. Raw beef is also pretty good, so if you are up to spending the money on some steaks, she will love that. I would wait to spay her until she is a bit healthier, but that is really a question to ask your vet. EDIT: Chicken soup is great. Beneful is HORRIBLE. Dogs cant digest corn. That is why she is needing to eat 5+ cups. Nutro isn't even that great. But I definetly understand how money is, and at least you got a good quality canned food. When you do have money again, try buying blue buffalo. It is available at petsmart, and is one of the highest quality foods that is available commercially (and also just one of the best high quality foods)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

How many times have you seen a man benching while arching his straight back and moving the weight down his chest? Properly please don't follow this moron. Allow him learn the hard way since you can learn the great way from here https://tr.im/G6hSG

Critical Bench is a bench press plan individualized by MikeWesterdal. It's one of many significantly common bodybuilding applications that lines up with different significant weight training exercises like Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle.

• 4 years ago

How much do you bench? The length of time did it take you to get at what your location is today? What's your benchpress goal? To be able to give the very best response to those questions you'll need this system https://tr.im/tGY1Q , The Critical Bench system.

The Critical Bench is an application just for strength, but energy gains can equate to measurement gains.

The exercises you will find in that book therefore that will allow you to in reaching that outstanding benchare: triceps press downs, triceps extensions (skull crushers), shut hold benchpress, barbell/dumbbell neck push and triceps dips but that thing are merely a tiny part of what you will learn with this program.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

You can feed her Wet Dog Food mixed with Dry Food. And try to feed her Dog Food that are higher in Nutrients. But don't add Random Dog Food Brands into her Bowl, Gradually get her used to the New Food.

And don't feed her Table Food, it's bad for Dogs. So I suggest you contacting a Vet and getting some Advice from a Professional.

Hope I helped, Good luck!

:3

• flumpo
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Sorry, don't know anything about dogs and computers so I won't answer that. Best way to put weight on a dog is sit on it.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I would not worry so much about her weight at this time. I would feed her what she wants to eat and also whole yogurt. Just use a premium dog food. She may have the genetics to be heavy.

• 7 years ago

The fastest way to put weight on your dog is to either feed it human food that wont make it sick or to feed it puppy food. Puppy food is actually very fattening which is why its only for puppies.

Source(s): Im very smart
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I would ask your dogs dr about it. You could possibly feed it more food but, it's dr might suggest a weight gain medicine.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Buy an elephant and put it on it. Problem solved.

Or you could it pregnant. Them babies will get it heavy B)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.