I am over the weight capacity to use a my rowing machine, what can I do?

So I viewed the Horizon Oxford II Rowing Machine (400 pound weight capacity), and I wanted it, but they no longer made the model. So I had to order the Oxford IV instead, thinking it would have the same weight capacity. So it arrived, and after many hours I put it together and got it working, then I looked in... show more So I viewed the Horizon Oxford II Rowing Machine (400 pound weight capacity), and I wanted it, but they no longer made the model. So I had to order the Oxford IV instead, thinking it would have the same weight capacity.

So it arrived, and after many hours I put it together and got it working, then I looked in the booklet and it says 264 weight capacity. So now I am worried.

I weigh 300 pounds, but I tried the rowing machine and it was okay and very sturdy like the model I viewed.

So is it "safe" to keep using it? I am starting a strict weight loss routine, and I will probably lose 14 pounds in the first week when I start.

The rest of my family will use the machine too, so I don't want to break it.