What are verses about the Bible being true?

This is for a school assignment. Thank you so much for your help!!!!

God bless.

Favorite Answer

Mark 13:31 (NIV)

31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

2 Timothy 3:15–17 (NIV)

15 and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

2 Peter 1:21 (NIV)

21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 5:17–18 (NIV)

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law

...

2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

You should study first to learn how the Bible was assembled. Who chose the Scriptures that would be included and excluded and why. A good book is "While Men Slept" by Fannin.

The disciples gave there lives one by one for defending the truth of Jesus Christ. If He was a fake,at least one of them would have backed down and said so in the face of certain death.

As far as factual and historical evidence the Bible has held up to the most stringent scrutiny.

The remains of Jericho remain to be seen today. Mt Sinai, the Red Sea, the Tigris and Euphrates as mentioned in Genesis, Babylon is now modern day Iraq. Pontious Pilot and King Herod are mentioned in other historical manuscripts other than the Bible. etc. etc.

Let the truth be evident in the lives that are changed. When you know, you just know, and when you dont know, you are frustrated by those who do. I know this because I used to come into yahoo answers a few years ago and bash Christians, until a life altering event changed my life forever, and I believe now, Thank you Jesus.

• "These are the true words of God."(see Revelation 19:9)

...and you know that our testimony is true.(see 3 John 1:12)

...all that John said about this man was true."(see John 10:41)

The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe.(see John 19:35)

This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.(see John 21:24)

"Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."(see Revelation 21:5)

The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true."(see Revelation 22:6)

...I am telling the truth, I am not lying - and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.(see 1 Timothy 2:7)

...because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their proper time."(see Luke 1:20)

...then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."(see 1 Corinthians 15:54)

Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true.(see Psalms 119:142)

...O Lord, and all your commands are true.(see Psalm 119:151)

All your words are true....(see Psalm 119:160)

My mouth speaks what is true...(see Proverbs 8:7)

"When all this comes true--and it surely will--then they will know that a prophet has been among them."(see Ezekiel 33:33)

...just as every good promise of the Lord your God has come true....(see Joshua 23:15)

"...there is a man of God; he is highly respected, and everything he says comes true."(see 1 Samuel 9:6)

Source(s): Revelation 19:9; 21:5; 22:6; John 10:41; 19:35; 21:24; Psalm 119:151; 160; 142; 3 John 1:12; 1 Timothy 2:7; Luke 1:20; 1 Corinthians 15:54; Proverbs 8:7; Ezekiel 33:33; Joshua 23:15; 1 Samuel 9:6: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revela...

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Use this website for Biblical searches.

http://www.biblegateway.com/

John 5:39

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Num 23:19 God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Best I could do w/ a quick Google.

God says each should do her own homework!

there are none...

i searched it this morning and i didn't find any