Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 9 years ago

Can you use a bike pump to fill a paintball CO2 tank?

I have this automatic bike tire pump that plugs into the car cand pumps air into my bike tires, would that be able to fill my cO2 tank for my paintball gun? would i have to get a gauge or adapter or sumthin to make it fit?

Favorite Answer

No.

Air is mostly nitrogen (78%), entirely different than CO2. Compressed air, while it may work, is not what that tank was designed for.

The internal pressures of the tank can be deadly, and tampering with something like this could be potentially fatal. Only use it for what it was designed for - CO2. Take it somewhere and get it filled.

Automatic Bike Pump

No. Your small electric pump probably doesn't pump more than 50 psi. A co2 tank is capable of containing hundreds or even thousands of pounds of gas/air per square inch. Also, a tire pump only pumps air, not co2.

the answer to life the universe and everything = 42

42= no

By using the transitive property of equality, you cant use a bike pump to fill a co2 tank

No even if it was hpa you would not be able to fill the tank because of the pressure needed to fill a paintball tank.

Source(s): Years of paintball experience