Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 10 years ago

Can a 2 month old baby use a 6+ month MAM pacifier?

My baby boy is 2 month old and I mistakenly bought a 6+ month sized MAM pacifier. He seems to like it and sucks on it well. Would it hurt to give him the 'wrong' sized pacifier? Or should I go out to get the 2-6 months old size for him?

http://www.mambaby.com/the_products-soothers-2-6_m...

• tanner
    Favorite Answer

As long as he likes it & isn't gagging on it, he's fine. Sometimes the nipple for 6+ mo is too big for younger babys. I find that my breast fed baby likes the bigger pacifiers. Whereas my bottle fed babies liked the smaller ones.

• mallin

Mam Pacifier 6 Months

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My baby boy is 2 month old and I mistakenly bought a 6+ month sized MAM pacifier. He seems to like it and sucks on it well. Would it hurt to give him the 'wrong' sized pacifier? Or should I go out to get the 2-6 months old size for him?...

Source(s): 2 month baby 6 month mam pacifier: https://biturl.im/ZLfkH

It's fine, those are just a guideline. Some kids prefer the larger size. My neice was using an 18 month + Nuk at 9 months, and my daughter will use anything lol even the really little newborn size. Just depends on the child.

If he will take it, it should be fine. They just make them smaller for the younger age for comfort. My last child never wanted anything bigger than a newborn size...its just their preference.

as long as it suits him well, it's fine. i'm pretty sure the reason they put sizes on them is to try to insure the baby doesn't choke, but if hes not gagging he's fine! no worries..

Source(s): Proud Momma