Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower won't start?

I have an older Craftsman Riding Mower. It has not been started in about 4 years. I recently changed the oil and filter. I changed the spark plug, battery, fuel filter and got the tractor running. I took it around the yard a few times and it ran out of gas. I filled the tank and tried to start it again. It... show more I have an older Craftsman Riding Mower. It has not been started in about 4 years. I recently changed the oil and filter. I changed the spark plug, battery, fuel filter and got the tractor running. I took it around the yard a few times and it ran out of gas. I filled the tank and tried to start it again. It would not start. Eventually, the battery went dead. I recharged the battery over night and tried to start it again. It clicked, but would not turn over. I then replaced the solenoid and got it running. Turned the mower off and could not get it started again. I then took the carburetor apart and cleaned it as well. The mower still won't start. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Fed-up in Michigan. len-m@att.net
Update: Yes, I have checked the choke and it's working.
Update 2: I cleaned the carb. the spark plug is sparking and the ground is good. If I spray carb cleaner in the carb, it starts. I've cleaned the gas lines and changed the fuel filter. New oil, oil filter, solenoid, battery. I was told that the carb is working because it turns over with carb spray. I've also... show more I cleaned the carb. the spark plug is sparking and the ground is good. If I spray carb cleaner in the carb, it starts. I've cleaned the gas lines and changed the fuel filter. New oil, oil filter, solenoid, battery. I was told that the carb is working because it turns over with carb spray. I've also been told it's probably the fuel pump. I have no idea where that's located? Nothing in my manual about it. The fuel pump is not located under the carburetor on this engine. Any suggestions on where to look??
Update 3: I cleaned the carb. the spark plug is sparking and the ground is good. If I spray carb cleaner in the carb, it starts. I've cleaned the gas lines and changed the fuel filter. New oil, oil filter, solenoid, battery. I was told that the carb is working because it turns over with carb spray. I've also... show more I cleaned the carb. the spark plug is sparking and the ground is good. If I spray carb cleaner in the carb, it starts. I've cleaned the gas lines and changed the fuel filter. New oil, oil filter, solenoid, battery. I was told that the carb is working because it turns over with carb spray. I've also been told it's probably the fuel pump. I have no idea where that's located? Nothing in my manual about it. The fuel pump is not located under the carburetor on this engine. Any suggestions on where to look??