JoJo asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationFishing · 1 decade ago

What is the best fishing line out there in 4lb test and would be good for trout stream fishing?

PLEASE HELP

Favorite Answer

I have used trilene xt (low vis green) for everything, until I found Berkley Vanish flourocarbon which I use on light and ultra light gear!

Best 4 Lb Test Fishing Line

That depends on where you are fishing for an example here in Alaska on the Kenai river trout can get to be 40 inches long and you would need more than 4 pound test. But all in all it is sufficient for many places that you don't have big trout but if you troll off a boat than 8 to 15 pound is great for that but if it is just from a bank on a creek or pond or lake than you should get by with the 4 pound test.

hey there, i will tell you what i use then it comes to 4-5-or 6 lb line and has worked for my for years and not once had a problem with it. Berkly Big Game. it is a great mono line i have never used the heavier test line for bass or cats but i have used and still use the lighter line for pan fishing. it is a good line and i will not stray from it when it comes to a light mono line. and another big thing that makes the berkley big game line more attractive to other lines, it is usually half the price if not more than half the price of the big named lines. i hope this helps you out a bit. good luck good fishin be safe and remember to share the experience

dont really pay attention to the price of the line on the link below. the price is for a big *** spool. they sell it in a lot smaller spool. and if you see how much line is on the spool it still isnt a bad price

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/P...

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

PLEASE HELP

Source(s): fishing line 4lb test good trout stream fishing: https://tr.im/1k6y9

I use 4lb clear/blue florescent Berkley Trilene XL Smooth Casting for crappie & bluegill. I would also use this line for trout if I fished a lot for 'em. It's really cheap, you can buy it at Wally World for $2.50 per 110-yard spool of it.

• BOBBER

I would go with berkley fireline in 4 lb test. It is super strong and extremely sensitive. It costs more. But it lasts longer.

• howie

What kind of trout? brookies cuthroat, yes!

buy tipit. its what fly fisherman use as their leaders, and would work best. don;t be afraid to go with 2lb test too.

Source(s): FISH ON!!!!