Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

Why is my Computer So hot, CPU FAN Noisy and Casing Heats up ?

I am running Xp on 3.0 GHz processor 512 MB of RAM 80 GB Hard drive 2 Dvd Drives inside a Chembro Gaming Bomb Casing with a Rear Fan 120 mm and a Front Fan 80 mm also having a Hard Disk Fan;

After 5 mins of operation with only 3 Windows of Internet Explorer Running the Cpu Starts to heat up together with the other Component in the Casing !

Could any one tell what i can do as i have already extra Fans and Still heats up ! My Casing becomes very hot when the Fan starts to be noisy

Is there any solution either in Software or Hardware To prevent a such noisy environment and to reduce the Heat?

Using A HEC Power Op Series 435W Power Supply having 2 Fans each 80 mm. I did try to change the System fans but same problem of heating up. All fans are well fitted front as Intake & Rear as Extractor. The power supply Fans seems to run properly according to the Sensor. Most of the time all processes are idle or using up to 10 % of CPU

• forex
    Favorite Answer

1st chk the CPU , then u must have 3 fans inside , all to take the air from the case to the outside , also some softwares u can lower the cpu rate like real player , aslo may one program makes the cpu to go to 100% chk it

if the fan is noisy, is it because it is failing? A new fan can fail too. Do you have the fan direction correct? im assuming yes since fans have clips that cant go on wrong. get another fan with a good return policy and see if your fan is not defective. perhaps try a different brand fan. A 3.0 processor is NOT that hot of a chip to be causing so many problems. perhaps invest in water coolling if you still cant resolve this.

Source(s): ENH systems Owner

You didn't mention your power supply fan, Unless that was the rear fan you mentioned. I actually have both a rear fan and a power supply fan (also in the rear). My daughter's computer was overheating to the point of shutting itself down. The problem was the power supply fan was not working, I replaced the fan and had no problems with overheating.

Source(s): Experience
  • Stella

Hardware that is power hungry is going to generate more heat. That's a given. You may want to clean it of dust bunnies and maybe add an extra case fan. Brandon

It happens mainly if the fan is not fit in properly so try removing the fan and fix it in properly. That should solve ur issue.

go to a computer shop like pc world and they will put the in for u ask frist to make sure it is the fan

There's no any solution in software , but you can change a bigger fan