okay so a question about desktop computer/speaker and headphone jacks.?

okay so when i plug my headphones into my speakers, the sound doesnt come out right. it doesnt have sound through both sides, or it sounds really fuzzy, or it doesnt work at all. depending how much i push it in, and what angle. anyways..since that doesnt work, i just use the headphone image jack in the back of my desktop pc to listen to music through my headphones, and when i wanna listen to the speakers, i plug in the speakers instead.

my question is, when i get a new desktop pc (dell inspiron 530) there is a headphone jack in the front i thnik, and maybe one in the back..will i be able to put the speakers plugged in trhe back, and then just plug/unplug the headphones in the front when i wanna use those?

• DrDave
    Favorite Answer

Should work just fine but a bit of advice....when plugging headphones, usb devices, firewire devices, memory cards, etc....use care and patience! I see way too many peep crammin their stuff in with no regards to what damages they can do and then get peeved because something doesnt work anymore. These devices are delicate and will not stand up to wreckless useage! You will get far more miles out of your jacks and ports with a little care.

All computer speakers use the small audio connector to attach them to an audio source. Your problem sounds like the speakers are burnt out, which happens sometimes with cheap speakers. Usually, with new PC speakers, there is an audio jack on one of the speakers where you can plug in headphones, that way you don't have to crawl around your computer looking for the audio port. But when you get your comp, you have two options for connecting headphones: the speakers or the computer.

Source(s): My hobby for 14 years, personally built 3 computers.

Yes it will work

But one at a time

You can buy speakers that have a headphone jack on the front of the main speaker, so you are not always bending over and pluging with the back of your computer

you can plug your headphones into the front if you want your speakers still play there will be an option to mute speakers when headphones are plugged in

default is probably muted

You might want to turn the speakers off when you use the headphones, but that should work.

as soon as you plug anything into the front head phone jack it automatically disables the rear jack.

• ricky

Yes their is. Check with this site.

it should be just fine, worry not