castrol oil to induce labor?

Hi im 38 weeks an 4 days pg i have gest. diab. an they are wanting me to go before my due date or on my due date.. i was thinking about trying castrol oil. i thought that it may work because i have already lost my mucus plug an im dialated to a 3 an almost fully effaced. what do you guys think? and what is the best way to drink it?

thanks alot,

B.

&& i dont wanna hear people saying neg things about me posting this. my doctor even told me i could do it an that it may work i was just asking for experince with it.

It just gives you diarrhea.

I don't understand why women keep trying to rush their baby's out. Seriously, if it wanted to be born today, it would let you know and start coming!! Let the child stay where it wants to be.

It's not even your due date yet and you could still go over two weeks after your due date so just stop and let the baby be!!!!

Due October 25th and if my son doesn't want to come out on that date, that is fine with me, he knows when he wants out and he will make his appearance when he's ready!

****

Your doctor is a moron. There are absolutely no benefits to it! There are however many, many, many dangers. If you want to risk your child's life so you can be "comfortable" sooner- that's your problem but for the rest of us mothers who know better and refuse to take any risk to hurt our children we'll be smart and not listen to a doctor who clearly is a moron and shouldn't even be a doctor and do enough research to know castor oil is a bad idea.

Nothing is worth risking my child's health and I am sorry that you do not feel the same way about your child.

oooo you dont wanna do that. all it does is give you the runs! plus allllllll those "natural ways to induce yourself" is either a hit or miss! im 40wks 1day and ive been having sex 2x/day, walking, spicy foods, drinking LOTS of raspberry leaf tea, squatting and still after 1 week its goin nowhere. i also had my membranes stripped then lost my mucous plg at 39wks, and still...nothing. so i am a firm believer that the baby will come when your body and he/she is ready!

dont put yorself through that hell if youve tried everything else and nothing else will induce you then what are the chances that one thing will...?

HOWEVER! i have noticed that when i have an orgasm that is the ONLY thing thatll actually make me feel crampy afterwards! because orgasms actually make your uterus contract. they also say nipple stimulation works too, so try those and if that dont work then always remember; patience is a virtue!

At 38 weeks my sister took this - it gave her extremely violent contractions - it put my niece in fetal distress which caused her to pass meconium prior to delivery

She spent 8 days in the NICU - 4 of those days we didn't think she was going to make it through the night!

If this is what you want for your new baby - then by all means have at it - I'm over trying to explain the dangers of it

You ladies kill me - you won't take so much as a Tylenol for a headache, you watch every little thing you eat, you won't drink sugar or caffeine but as soon as your 37/38 weeks you're ready to eat/drink/ or take any that might possibly send you into labor -

**Edit: "&& i dont wanna hear people saying neg things about me posting this"

Your on an open public forum and most of us here know the dangers of taking Castor Oil when pregnant

And I would question your Dr.'s ability if he OK'd you taking that crap!! I don't know of any OB that would approve of his patients taking matters such as this into their own hands

Don't do caster oil, it doesn't work and all it will do is give you horrible diarrhea. Try some evening primrose oil, or raspberry leaf tea. Otherwise try: Pressing in the space between your thumb and index finger (this is a pressure point that can induce labor) Basil and oregano, sex, or eating spicy foods.

Hope this helps.

I know people who have done it and no good has come from it. If the doc wants the baby here on or before your due date, ask him to induce you. My doc doesn't want me to go over so she will induce by the due date. It seems like that would be such safer.

• Kat

Don't do it! You'll get bad diarrhea and your baby could poop in the womb which is VERY dangerous. It's not worth it. If your doctor wants you to deliver early then he'll bring you in and induce you which is MUCH safer than taking matters into your own hands.

I wouldn't even use castor oil for my 4 year old who has constipation problems, so you can bet I wouldn't drink it and let it pass on to my fetus.

Besides, nothing will work unless your body is READY.

LOL...no castor oil WILL NOT work, it will just give you the runs, I would suggest, sex, a long walk or even just plain full body relaxing, allowing your body to continue on its process of labor.

I have only herd bad stories about using castor oil.

Just do things as nature intended & wait until your baby is ready to be born!

Source(s): One daughter & currently 37 weeks pregnant