How do you print black ink with color ink cartridges?

Ok, so currently I have a HP Photosmart D110 Series and am extremely low on black ink to the point nothing in black text prints. I remember a few months back when I had low black ink it gave me the option of using my colored cartridges to create composite black.

How can I make it so that the colored cartridges combine to form composite black again?

Favorite Answer

Depending on the type of printer that you have, it will do automatically. Every printer that I've ever had has been an HP printer/scanner/copier, and when my black ink runs out, I just take out the empty cartridge and the printer automatically starts using my color ink cartridge to make black ink. Try taking the empty cartridge out and see what happens.

• califf

Print Without Black Ink

With most printers you are required to have ink in both the black and color ink cartridges in order to print in black as they work in conjunction with each other. So you will need to have the both color and black ink cartridges with ink

Hi! I think there is an option there in your printer menu. If you are low in black, the colored inks can be combined.