CPU+MOTHERBOARD COMBO?

Im in the market for a new CPU for medium/high end gaming, and im kinda set on the AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8120.

http://shop.amd.com/us/All/Detail/Processor/FD8120...

I read a couple of reviews and they are all good. But a couple of the reviewers said that you needed a "proper" motherboard to unlock the cpu's true potential/speeds.

What im wondering is if this is good enough:

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 MB - AMD 990FX + AMD SB950, 4x DDR3, 7.1 CH Audio, GbLAN, 6xSATA3, RAID, CrossFire / SLI, USB2,0, USB3.0, ATX

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx...

Yes im going for AMD and yes Intel may be better, but im on a budget. :\

Help me out here guys? :)

Update:

Also

Any big differences between the FX-8120 and the FX-8150?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

always Intel for gaming.

i'd go with 2500K or even 3570K with a MSI P67A-GD55 or Z68A-GD55.that a lot better.

that 8 core ain't bad but this 2500K is better.

btw FX8120 and 8150 are just the same except frequency.and it would be good with gogabyte 990FX-ud5 if you are an amd fanboy :D

• Login to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

you are going to ought to circulate with ebay in case you opt for a board which would be like minded with the triumphing abode windows installation... Pentium 4 boards and CPUs are actually not any greater new - each thing is a "center 2" board, that's different. you're searching for something with the Intel® 845E Chipset - seek ebay and %. one up. in any different case, i'm not sure what you're speaking approximately being configured for the previous board. in case you prefer to maintain utilising an identical photographs card and RAM, in spite of this, ebay. That board used DDR RAM - each thing new makes use of DDR2 RAM as we talk. And maximum new boards use PCI-X photographs enjoying cards, not the AGP your previous board did. replace: I gave a thumbs as much as Jason because of the fact he precise asked how do you recognize this is the motherboard and/or not different factors. yet after rereading his finished remark, i needed to take it back - his statements approximately e-bay are fake - and/or his undesirable success. i've got offered plenty hardware on e-bay and NONE of this is been undesirable with one exception - and the corporation took it back. The scores device they have isn't great... yet study the comments do not only look on the scores device and easily purchase stuff like this from dealers with ninety 9.8% or greater beneficial scores.

• 8 years ago

I like eating nutella.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.