Pack 'N' Play or Bassinet?

So when my baby is born offcorse he will be sleeping with us but im having a hard time choosing if a pack n play will be better to get or a bassinet! I like the pack n play cuz its a whole combo but i also like the bassinet so its just hard to choose. What do you moms think is better? What did you guys get? TIA

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Momma
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Bassinets get out grown very quickly. A pack and play is a better option as it will last longer and is versatile. Although if there is room for a pack and play in your room you'd be better off just putting the crib in there.

• 7 years ago

Why not buy a Pack n Play that ha a bassinet feature on it? You can use the bassinet when he is very young and then move to using the Pack and Play although I honestly believe he needs a crib rather than a Pack n Play. A Pack n Play is not meant for a baby to sleep in everyday.

• 7 years ago

We choose a bassinet because I felt like the pack and play was too big and in the way. It was also easier to move the bassinet to another room if I needed too. The only extra benefit of a pack n play is that most come with the changing table. But, having 3 levels in our house, we never even used a changing table

• 7 years ago

When my son was born i had both, i used the bassinet when he was a newborn till he was about 2 months or so. Then i switched to the pack n play. I like both just because the bassinet i had it super close to my bed and all i had to do is sit up in my bed and get him unlike a pack n play where you have to actually get out of bed and bend down, that was just easier for me especially since i was breast feeding. hopefully you find which works for you best and congrates =]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • D
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Pack n Plays are not designed to be utilized as a regular sleeping area. There have been cases of injury to infants. I would never put a newborn in a Pack n Play to sleep. I used a crib. Second choice would be a bassinet. Do your reading. There are safety issues with many bassinets as well.

• Jenna
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

We used a pack in play. Bassinets are a waste of money.

• 7 years ago

personally i like bassinets better they are smaller so easier to have beside the bed and couch and they are really cute. But, of course get a play pin too for when traveling

• ?
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

I had a pack n play. i chose that because it had a little thing you attached for when they are an infant, take it out when they get older. and it had a spot to change diapers.

• 7 years ago

baby swing or bassinets its better

• I used a moses basket for the first month, then put him in his room in his crib. It worked well and the basket was cute!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.