Pack 'N' Play or Bassinet?

So when my baby is born offcorse he will be sleeping with us but im having a hard time choosing if a pack n play will be better to get or a bassinet! I like the pack n play cuz its a whole combo but i also like the bassinet so its just hard to choose. What do you moms think is better? What did you guys get? TIA

• Momma
    Favorite Answer

Bassinets get out grown very quickly. A pack and play is a better option as it will last longer and is versatile. Although if there is room for a pack and play in your room you'd be better off just putting the crib in there.

Why not buy a Pack n Play that ha a bassinet feature on it? You can use the bassinet when he is very young and then move to using the Pack and Play although I honestly believe he needs a crib rather than a Pack n Play. A Pack n Play is not meant for a baby to sleep in everyday.

We choose a bassinet because I felt like the pack and play was too big and in the way. It was also easier to move the bassinet to another room if I needed too. The only extra benefit of a pack n play is that most come with the changing table. But, having 3 levels in our house, we never even used a changing table

When my son was born i had both, i used the bassinet when he was a newborn till he was about 2 months or so. Then i switched to the pack n play. I like both just because the bassinet i had it super close to my bed and all i had to do is sit up in my bed and get him unlike a pack n play where you have to actually get out of bed and bend down, that was just easier for me especially since i was breast feeding. hopefully you find which works for you best and congrates =]

• D

Pack n Plays are not designed to be utilized as a regular sleeping area. There have been cases of injury to infants. I would never put a newborn in a Pack n Play to sleep. I used a crib. Second choice would be a bassinet. Do your reading. There are safety issues with many bassinets as well.

• Jenna

We used a pack in play. Bassinets are a waste of money.

personally i like bassinets better they are smaller so easier to have beside the bed and couch and they are really cute. But, of course get a play pin too for when traveling

• ?

I had a pack n play. i chose that because it had a little thing you attached for when they are an infant, take it out when they get older. and it had a spot to change diapers.

baby swing or bassinets its better

• I used a moses basket for the first month, then put him in his room in his crib. It worked well and the basket was cute!