? asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

wagner airless paint sprayer?

I bought a wagner airless paint sprayer and I know nothing about it. I work maintenence at an apartment complex so I paint on a fairly regular basis and I also paint on the side. I was thinking that this would cut the painting time down but I dont know. can you use this inside? I paint the apartments in semi gloss for the doors and trim and flat matt on the walls. I do know that the paint will have to be thined down but thats about all I know. Please help........

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can use it inside. The time savings and expected life of the sprayer will depend on the model you purchased. If you bought one of the cheaper ones with the little cup attached to the gun, don't expect to save a lot of time or get a very long life. If you bought one of the larger units with that accepts gallon or 2 gallon sized cans you can also buy a power roller attachment. This might be more comfortable if you're not used to spraying. Either way, both are suitable for indoor, and neither one should require you to thin the paint any.

You don't thin the paint with an airless...it is a pump, not an atomizer.

The Wagner units will not last long at all before they fail. Expect to spend at least $800 on a fair quality unit.

You will be amazed at the speed at which you can paint, indoors or out.

wagner paint sprayers are good for small jobs, but in the long run, a good ol' fashioned roller and brush are faster because by the time you set up the sprayer you could already have rolled the paint.

Source(s): experience