I just got my hair streaked, will washing it with normal shampoo wash out the dye?

If I don't use dye sensitive products, will a lot of the dye wash out? The hair was already washed once at the salon and once at home with dye-sensitive shampoo.

Favorite Answer

Normal shampoo will just make it fade slightly quicker than if you use colour protect shampoo.

Normally, when you "streak" your hair, you are bleaching sections of hair very light and then putting a pale tint after. And yes, anything you do to your hair after this will remove some colour. Any shampoo you use will remove some. There are some weaker products that don't remove as much, but there will always be some loss. If you want to keep your colour for longer, don't shampoo as often.

You will never be able to get rid of the streaks except by cutting them off. When you "wash out the colour", you are going to remove the tint used, but the bleached hair will remain. It will usually be a yellow colour, sometimes quite yellow. If that happens, you can use a semi-permanent tint to give you the shade you wanted.

well some of it is going to wash off and most of the time fade but it wont be noticeable since you got streaks.. so yes any shampoo really but its best to use a shampoo that is for hair color not to fade.. it helps not to fade as much and better for it than regular shampoo.

No, your highlighting will not wash out. Treat your hair with color preserve shampoo and conditioner. You can use a leave in conditioner after shampooing to keep your hair soft and silky. Extended periods of sunshine will fade your hair, but highlighting remains as the hair grows out unless it is colored again, or cut off.

Source(s): work in a salon

have faith It Or no longer and that i understand This One! And the respond isn't any The chemical compounds grab On 2 Your Hair greater advantageous And The Dye keeps to be On Longer! Do it each and every of the time Myself & Have 2 friends That R Hairdresers Crazyape2008

Not necessarily....It will fade though, any colour fades a little because you have to wash your hair to keep it clean, the shampoos that are made especially for coloured hair are fine to use if you want but they don't help that much with fading

Use shampoo and conditioner made for color. I recommend Garnier Fructis. I used that when I had my hair colored. The dye can either wash out or change colors. When I didn't use it, the color faded to an ugly auburn from a medium brown. I really recommend it to maintain the color.

Using shampoo for "color treated" hair will allow the color to stay in much longer than if you were to use regular shampoo. It's called "hair color" not "dye."

Source(s): Hair stylist
  • ash

it wont like completely but over time you will be able to notice it fading more and faster than you woud with color safe shampoo.. the color safe shampoo keeps it looking like its just been done for longer too!

Wash it 6-8 times with dishwashing liquid. Thats strips colour.