Pacifiers in bottle sterilizer??

I have a lot of teething toys and pacifiers and I am not sure how to clean or sterilize them before the baby comes.. I have a Munchkin Microwave Bottle Sterilizer and I was wondering if its safe to sterilize pacifiers too? If not what are some suggestions on cleaning/sterilizing pacifiers, water filled teething toys, etc

Thank you.. this is my first so I am new to all of this. Due 26th

Favorite Answer

You can put them in a sterilizer. Also, I got a small basket that fits on the top rack of my dishwasher for little things like that. The dishwasher gets hot enough to sterilize as well. Works like a charm.

hi there, the water filled teething toys do not get boiled or sterilized. You just wash them the best you can. (I ignored the warning on the package and my water filled teether melted). Besides, at 6 months old you don't have to sterilize your bottles anymore you can just wash them. By the time the baby starts to get teeth or is interested in the teethers he/she will probably be around 6 months (granted some babies get teeth at 4 months but I don't think that's very common). If your baby does start to teeth 'early' you can moisten a corner of a face cloth and stick in the freezer and let the baby chew on it. My daughter only played with plush toys which you cannot sterilize really... and she was fine. Just wash them with a clean damp cloth. There is a natural sterilizer which is safe for kids toys at all ages, but you'd have to check a health food store for them. I buy all my products from Melaleuca because they are botanically based and natural and will not produce environmental toxins in my home. The baby can actually be around all my cleaners and not get harmed. If you are a Melaleuca buyer, just get the Thyme Oil spray. It's an excellent disenfectant. Or, you could use a vinegar/water mix too. It's also a good disenfectant.

For pacifiers, I used to boil them for 5 minutes. I didn't put them in the microwave because I wasn't sure how the parts would react. Maybe someone else has tried it.

You can just sterilize them in a pot of water. There's no specific way to sterilize bottles, pacifiers and teething toys. Just as long as there's space. =)

I am wondering the same thing. I am pregnant with my third and thinking of the same thing wondering if the bottle sterilizer would be a good idea. I know boiling them in water for couple of minutes would sterilize them. I think bottle sterilizer would do the same thing I would think.

I use a target brand one that was quite cheap and it is fine. It takes all sort of bottles but has actaul spot for just the normal cheap thin necked ones. One of the most used things I have bought and I breast feed. (sometimes pump so use the steriliser for that) For new bottle just wash them first in hot soapy water then you can sterilise in the microwave. The microwave steriliser does the same as boiling. Yes you can put in pacifier and anything that can be sterilised as long as it doesn't contain metal... I put in bottles, pacis, my breastpump bits, the plastic nipple tongs, avent breast milk storage containers...

yes you can sterilize the pacifiers. i use my microwave sterilizer to clean his pacifiers everyday

i put small toys and pacifiers in the steriliser, or you could boil them in a saucepan for 10 mins.

• louie

u bet you can put them in your bottle steralizer, i did with mine.

or you can just toss them in a pot of boiling water with a veggie steamer tray if you have one, or just boil water, remove from heat and toss them in the water.