Are inflatable kayaks worthwhile?

I'm looking to buy and I'm looking at molded plastic, sit-on-top. Are any inflatables worthwhile (i.e., what are the pros & cons in terms of cost-effectiveness, durability, usage, etc.)
Update: Thanks to all for the answers so far. More details: I intend to use it primarily on small lakes and streams. I'm a fisherman, so I'd like to use it for that purpose, but the main purpose is for family use (me, wife, 2nd grader and toddler). I'm thinking about getting both a canoe and a two-person kayak (for... show more Thanks to all for the answers so far. More details: I intend to use it primarily on small lakes and streams. I'm a fisherman, so I'd like to use it for that purpose, but the main purpose is for family use (me, wife, 2nd grader and toddler). I'm thinking about getting both a canoe and a two-person kayak (for versatility and ease of use by 4 people). Right now I'm looking at the Crescent Splash II. My wife and I are slim and tall. I've got a fair amount of canoeing experience, but little kayaking. My wife has no experience with either. I'm looking at new and used. The inflatables may be good for storage and the relatively limited and light usage we'll put a kayak through. Economy is a high priority, too. The good inflatables appear to cost about the same as a decent rigid kayak. If the main benefits are weight and storage and you sacrifice ease of setup, durability, speed and manueverability, inflatables may be a poor choice.