Would a Cooler Master V8 cpu fan be necessary in a HAF 932 Full Tower Case?

It almost seems to me that it's so big it would have negative effects on the overall air flow of the system,

Its an i7 920 build with a gtx 285 oc 6 gigs of ram and so on, pretty nice, and that HAF 932 looks like it has such good airflow I dont want to compromise it.

I wouldn't think an extra fan would even matter but from what I've read everybody says you NEED to get a different fan.

Any thoughts?

I'm getting ready to build a gaming pc and I want to know as much as I possibly can about everything before I actually commit.

Favorite Answer

dude! holy **** dont listen to these guys. stock intel coolers are the crapiest things out there and you bassically NEED a aftermarket coolr for the core i7. when doing some gaming it can get up too like 70C with the stock coolr and under FULL load, man it goes into infinity..... i know becuase i know some people on youtube who do tests with the i7 and coolers and stuff....

oh yea and its not a "fan" its a heatsink.

any questions just email meh and ill try to answer what ever you got

dude im building like the exact same computer, but with a gtx 275 because of the small difference.

anyway it wouldnt, youll be fine with stock cooling. all that cooling stuff is really only necessary for overclocked systems.

• amdiag

When it comes to computers you want to keep it as cool as possible because heat will slow down or damage your system. If adding or changing the fans cools down your system then go for it.

• Mystic

Unless you are overlocking your processor there really is no need for an aftermarket cooler.