How to play MP3's on a stereo system?

I know it's possible to plug an iPod into a stereo system if you have the right cable, but I wonder if there's something better.

Is there such a thing as a stereo component version of an MP3 player? I'm envisioning something with a real big hard drive, that would hold a large CD collection in non-compressed formats, so you get the best possible fidelity. And it would have some sort of display that would let you quickly find the album or song you want. It would plug right into your stereo receiver, just like a CD player or tape deck. And it's for music only -- not intended to be playing movies.

Does such a thing exist? If so, what are the best models?

Maybe the question isn't clear. I already know how to connect an iPod to a stereo. And I know how to play music through my computer speakers.

I'd like to know if there is an audiophile-quality MP3 player. My stereo amplifier and speakers sound much better than any computer speakers ever will. And my iPod only holds 16 gigs of songs. Yes, that's a lot, but it's not my whole collection, and it's not even close to my whole collection if I save it in an uncompressed format.

So, back to the original question ... is there a device that was designed from the ground up to be an MP3 player for an audiophile-quality stereo system? Not an iPod, not a computer. A real, honest-to-goodness piece of audio equipment?

Favorite Answer

some newer stereos have a usb port just like new radio decks in cars so you could do that you could burn disks although disks will soon be obsolete, or what i do is i just bought two speakers that i can plug into my computer and use itunes( theyre really good bose speakers jsyk

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to play MP3's on a stereo system?

Is there such a thing as a stereo component version of an MP3 player? I'm envisioning something with a real big hard drive, that would hold a large CD...

Source(s): play mp3 39 stereo system: https://tr.im/iNsLf
  • Paula

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awC69

The quick answer is, No this is not possible with the T6100s. In order to play the MP3 songs on all speakers in the T6100 you must connect the 6100 to a computer and play the MP3s directly from the computer.

you need either a line out aux wire.

or usb connection if possible