Do you have to have both color and black ink in a printer to print?

My ink is running low in my printer. I really cant afford to buy both color and black ink for it. It is a Canon printer. The ink is CL 211 COLOR C AND PG 210 BLACK B INK. Do you have to have both color and black ink in a printer to print? I went on the canon website and it is like 23 for each. that is high. I went on ebay and it is 23 bucks for both together in one auction. I still cant afford 23. But i need my printer but my budget will only allow 10 bucks. Do you know a place where i can get the ink any cheaper? or a website? I am going to check out Amazon.com too. thanks and happy early 4th. also can i refill these ink cartradges myself? Thanks

a

Favorite Answer

With most printers you are required to have ink in both the black and color ink cartridges in order to print in black as they work in conjunction with each other. So you will need to have the both color and black ink cartridges with ink

• Snap

No you don't need both. I only use black. For ten bucks your best bet is still eBay. I buy my ink at Walmart and Staples. You can't really refill the cartridges yourself, but you can take them to a store (I think Staples) and they'll refill it for you. For a price of course.

Happy early 4th!

You can run the color cartridge out, just replace the black cartridge when it runs out, You will not be able print pictures or anything requiring color, only black ink documents afterwards then.

It depends on the printer.

My printer will printed a limited number of BW prints before having to add ink.

You can try Laser Monks for refills (do a search for "Laser Monks").

No, it will work with 1 cartridge in place.