Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 9 years ago

Are starfire tires good tires?

• Dimo J
    Favorite Answer

http://www.starfiretires.com/html/

http://www.starfiretires.com.au/

Cooper Tires, or "Asian" made? If Cooper in USA, why not make them under their own name? Not good for their name? Why not tell where the "Asian" tires are actually made?

Are you willing your LIFE are good tires on your car? Are you willing your wife and children lives?

For me, Safe trumps Cheap. My cars have Michelins.

• sashi

Starfire Tires

I had Starfire tires on my front wheel drive compact car when I was in college back in the 80's. They were good tires. I drove 34 miles each way to school on winding, hilly roads and never missed class or was even late no matter how bad the snow and ice was. They lasted 47,000 miles, not bad for cheap tires. Much better than my current Michelins that have 25,000 miles and are nearly bald! I can at least say from experience Starfire tires are better than Michelins.

First, almost all tire makers have other brands they market and sell under. It's called basic marketing so to reach the widest customer base.

Second, Starfire tires are just as good, if not better, than their "name" brand. They are simply aimed at a different market, but I suppose you don't get that.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are starfire tires good tires?

Source(s): starfire tires good tires: https://knowledge.im/?s=starfire+tires+good+tires

We started running Starfires on our mining pick ups. We run on gravel roads but they are fairly smooth. We started having seperations, rock punctures (which we don t have with the Cooper AT3 tire) and blowouts. Crap tire, probably good for highway driving only.

Almost every company in the world that makes tires have factories in asian countries. They do it because of lower costs. Some of these companies in these or any country do not want to lose their own market base so they join in joint ventures with other companies. This way they are in theory still the same company on one hand but this other company on the other. Also the name brand company can say our tires are better than asian tires, and really not lie. It's a game that almost all companies play and have gotten better at it over the years. Star fire are nothing more than entry level tires, they have no warranty per say so you are getting what you pay for. Since tires can be shopped for from online to in person just look for tires with the highest mileage warranty for the lowest price. By the way www.gotwheels.net will show you who makes what tire and where and what name they are sold under at big name stores. Fort example Cooper makes the tires sold at Pep Boys, same tires but less expensive than the name Brand

Source(s): www.gotwheels.net

I am very pleased with the Starfire tires on my car. Model is RS- R 1.0. They grip in wet conditions extremely well. Cornering characteristics are sharp and precise. Hardly any road noise

• Allan5 years agoReport

The guy in tyrepower that this tyre exceed some of the major brand but I'm still at the doubt of buying this tyre. It might gonna be the same to chinese tyre that horribly noisy. What size of your tyre mate and what car?

I purchased a set of Starfires to replace my old pair after some unforeseen road damage. My set of Starfires didn t make it past half a year! They did grip well and did decent in moderate snow when they had tread, but the rubber ate itself away much faster than the other popular branded tires. 15,000 miles after purchase these tires were balding bad.

185/65/14r on a Corolla

American designed (which leads the way in tire design)and of course Asian made (like most all tires) These are VERY GOOD tires for the price...