If I get an 8 core processor will I need a better cpu fan?

I'm getting an amd fx-8100 and I want to know if I should upgrade my cpu fan too. And please tell me which one to get because I don't know crap about cpu fans and what they're compatible with/what's good and bad in them. I only know how to install them :p if you need to know, my rig details are below:

Mobo: ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX

CPU: obviously the amd fx-8100

Need more? please tell me.

• Chip
    Favorite Answer

When you buy the new CPU it will come with an appropriate fan. Unless your overclocking it, the stock fan/heatsink are more than adequate.

First make efficient you've a AM3+ board!!!! you won't be able to improve without this. The FX sequence makes use of the hot chip gadgets. i do not personal this im in simple terms repeating all i a have study and considered in bench marks. Couple issues to take into consideration a million, They overclock o.k. everyone is waiting to hit 4.0ghz no complications!!!! and better on inventory air,. 2. Why not i recommend in case you may 8 cores is larger then 4 in case you great multitask. also note this with the Ati 6990 for BF3 it really is a video card the FX sequence undergo the I7 by technique of a pair FPS. To be honest as of immediately there at the instantaneous are not many classes that want 8 cores or maybe 4 yet when i had the money you wager i'd get it!!!!! in simple terms to assert i had this beast of a chip!!!!

stock fan should be fine... Just replace the thermal paste in a couple of years.

i would suggest a freezer 13 co it will keep it well cool

Yes...you need to. Check this out