Why are True Believers against science?

Whenever a skeptic asks to see how climatologists made their adjustments the True Believers just ban together and chant..."Trust the data, trust the data, trust the data." Isn't blindly trusting data adjustments UNscientific? I work as an accountant and I could never get away with saying "I... show more Whenever a skeptic asks to see how climatologists made their adjustments the True Believers just ban together and chant..."Trust the data, trust the data, trust the data." Isn't blindly trusting data adjustments UNscientific?

I work as an accountant and I could never get away with saying "I made some adjustments to the numbers. I'm not going to tell you how I came up with them. Trust me."
Update: Sorry, not buying the arguments from the True Believers. I DON'T trust adjusted data. Deniers like myself have been proven right that the methodology of how they make their adjustments are severely flawed. This is the FOUNDATION that AGW global warming is built on. BTW...there is a large list of scientists now... show more Sorry, not buying the arguments from the True Believers. I DON'T trust adjusted data. Deniers like myself have been proven right that the methodology of how they make their adjustments are severely flawed. This is the FOUNDATION that AGW global warming is built on. BTW...there is a large list of scientists now skeptical of AGW so people's trite responses of "Deniers just don't understand science" is getting old. I might not understand all the science behind climatology but I do understand flawed data, randomly adjusting data based on personla bias, and trying to cover up how you adjusted the data.

If we Deniers just trusted the data without questioning it, the IPCC would still be using the hockey stick graph.

"Hide the decline... but make sure you do it scientifically." (oh wait, can I use quotes around that?)

What a joke!