Dumbledore Vs. Gandolf?

Dumbledore is said to be one of the greatest wizards ever in the Harry Potter Universe. How would he fair if he had to fight Gandolf. If you want to make it interesting leave comments on Dumbledore Vs. Gandolf the Grey and then Dumbledore Vs. Gandolf the White.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Thinking in terms of a battle between the two, I think Dumbledore would win in a fight against Gandalf the Grey, but Gandalf the White would be far too strong. After having accomplished merely the feat of becoming 'Whoever the White', you would be very hard to stop by anyone at all, even Dumbledore.

Plus, Gandalf's a really tall guy, so that would impress anyone...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Gandolf

• Liz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I am not a Lord of the Rings fan but I have to say that Gandolf would win. He just seems like he is better than Dumbledore

• 1 decade ago

Never heard of Gandolf. Dumbledore would lose anyway tho'. He's nothing against one of the mighty sages.

Indeed, as the guy down there said: Dumbledore dies and doesn't come back (coming back in a dream doesn't count), while Gandalf only rises from the ashes stronger. Besides, Dumbledore gets killed by some lousy EMO, while it takes a Balrog to take down Gandalf (and the balrog died).

You could argue that Dumbledore LET Snake kill him, which is true, but then he got killed by some dirty water, that's even worse.

Furthermore, the only powerfull thing Dumbledore ever does is the firestuff to keep the zombiethingies at bay, and Gandalf is kind of the master of fire.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This is honestly one of the hardest questions i have ever wanted to answer (i am a big Lord of the Rings fan and a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and michal gambon is just awesome in general) but i honestly thing that Dumbledore would win because throughout the HP series Dumbledore can do sooo many things that could send Gandolf flying out a window. i know lord of the rings is a classic, but Harry Potter is just... better.

• 1 decade ago

Considering that Gandalf rose from the dead and became even more powerful than he was to begin with, he has an automatic advantage over Dumbledore. There is no comparison.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would say Dumbledore Vs. Gandalf the Grey = Dumbledore, Dumbledore Vs. Gandalf the White = Gandolf the White, wow yep im a nerd. wow hella thumbs down on everyone, f u ck you thumb nazi

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if dumbledore was so great he wouldnt have had to die!

Gandolf comes back.. HE WINS HANDS DOWN!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you mean Gandalf, dumbledore wouldn't stand a chance against the grand supreme WHITE wizard

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gandolf would kick dumbledorks butt

after all he destroyed the ultimate dark lord. and dumbledork had trouble with some kid named "tom"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.