Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Good story from Jesus about?

what is a Good story from Jesus about not giving up??????

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I like this one found in Luke 18:1 - 7: "The he (Jesus) went on to tell them an illustration with regard to the need for them always to pray and not to give up, saying: 'In a certain city there was a certain judge that had no fear of God and had no respect for man.

But there was a widow in that city and she kept going to him, saying, 'See that I get justice from my adversary at law.' Well, for a while he was unwilling, but afterward he said to himself, 'Although I do not fear God or respect a man, at any rate, because of this widow's continually making me trouble, I will see that she gets justice, so that she will not keep coming and pummeling me to a finish.'

Then the Lord said: 'Hear what the judge, although unrighteous said! Certainly, then, shall not God cause justice to be done for his chosen ones who cry out to him day and night?' "

• 1 decade ago

Jesus could have torn this world up like a bad script. What he chose to endure, for our sakes, is the greatest story ever.

Source(s): Bible
  • 1 decade ago

"Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven". Jesus wants us always to surrender to God's will because His will is always the best for us. If you keep this in mind, let go of what you want and let God, you will see at the end the plans God has for you. "Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart, all you that hope in the Lord" Psalm 31:24.

• 1 decade ago

When Jesus tells the disciple that all they need is faith the size of a mustard seed in order to move mountains.

moving mountains or trees was the proverbial saying of that time...meaning overcome obstacles.

What ever is going on in your life....faith in Salvation through Christ and God's provision for those who walk in fellowship with him....will get you through.

you believe. this gives you salvation.

you pray, read God's word and repent of your sins.....allows fellowship and God's blessings in many things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • elyon
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Luke 18: 1-8...."Men ought always to pray (show faith) and not to faint."

(we should not ever quit)

• 1 decade ago

I agree with Dr.Zoidberg

• 1 decade ago

how about his story?

he never gave up on us ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.