Why do I hear voices?

Without sounding crazy, I hear voices. It is not myself talking to me. There are different "characters" who talk to me and bear no resemblance to anything outside of my mind. I am 15 years old, female, and have synaesthesia. I have always experienced these voices. I have lived a rather normal life, with... show more Without sounding crazy, I hear voices. It is not myself talking to me. There are different "characters" who talk to me and bear no resemblance to anything outside of my mind. I am 15 years old, female, and have synaesthesia. I have always experienced these voices. I have lived a rather normal life, with close friends and good grades, and no traumatic experiences or anything like that. These voices have conversations with me, as well as tell me to do things. I try to ignore them, as they can be very distracting.

Do you know the name of a condition that would explain this? Please provide links for more information. Thanks!
Update: Please do not ridicule me!
Update 2: Ghosts? That is insane.

I believe in strict science, nothing paranormal or religious. I do not believe that Jesus is talking to me or anything like that.